Saturday 21 January 2012

Craft Your Days Away DT Card # 37 Distressing


Good morning.  It is the weekend again, yayyyyy, and time again for a new challenge at Craft Your Days Away.  This week the lovely Lesley set the challenge of Distressing which is really not my thing and after many days and wasted cards here is my creation.   The black card has been embossed and then sanded but I have covered most of this up now especially as the sanding did not produce the desired results. I then distressed all my edges with scissors and inked the edge of my image so have done lots of distressing.  Once finished I did enjoy making my card and it is certainly good to go out of your comfort zone and stretch yourself but I had a few days of pulling my hair out!lol

We are sponsored this week by the fab Bugaboo Stamps who are offering 7 fab digi images to the lucky winner.

For my card I have used:-

Agreat bugaboo image called Silhouette-Elephant Paisley
DCWV card and papers
Card candi and black gems

I would like to enter my card into the following challenge:

Delightful Challenges - Distressed/vintage

Please pop along to Craft Your Days Away to take a peek at my teamies creations and we would love to see your creations too.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

Hugs Sarahxx

10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Sarah...you have done a super job on your card sweetie...and I must say distressing isn't my thing either...!

    have a super day hun....big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sarah,have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sarah, love the paisley Elephant and you have done a great job with the distressing...enjoy the weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Sarah.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Sarah! I love the silhouette images from Bugaboo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is gorgeous sarah.the elephant is fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at delightful challenges
    Hugs Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Sarah, that elephant looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking and for leaving a comment. Sarahx